- PSM-EPM Professional Science Masters - Environmental Policy and Management
- How to Apply
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to contact the Director of PSM-EPM before applying. The Director and his admission team of Earth and Environment make the final decisions concerning admission to the program. All required documents must be received before these decisions can be made. Applicants must comply with these admission deadlines: to be considered for admission in the fall semester, submit all materials for the application by June 1. Applications received after these dates may still be considered if opportunities in the program are still available. International students are encouraged to submit all their materials well in advance of these deadlines.
Submit an official application with supporting documents to the FIU Graduate Admission Office with the on-line form here. The application will not be processed until receipt of the required (non-refundable) application fee of $30. Arrange for official transcripts to be sent to the Graduate Admissions Office from all colleges or universities from which you have taken college courses, whether or not you earned a degree from the institutions. Request that your current name and social security number appear on the transcript. For details of how and where to send supporting documents and payment, see the Graduate Admission Office’s online application. All questions regarding the receipt of your application materials should be referred directly to the Graduate Admissions Office. Please include your application reference number or Panthersoft ID number on all correspondence.
The following materials must be sent directly to the Department of Earth and Environment:
- A cover letter listing all contents of the application package. The cover letter should indicate the preferred program (PSM-EPM). Any other relevant information such as receipt of fellowships or scholarships supporting your studies should be included in the cover letter. If you have already applied on-line, indicate your application reference number or Panthersoft ID number.
- A curriculum vitae or resume summarizing applicant's previous experience and achievements.
- A statement of intent, including a brief discussion (not to exceed 2000 words) of educational goals and career projections. Applicant may also include a copy of previous written scientific work.
- At least two letters of recommendation from former professors, academic advisers, employer or professional colleagues. Letters should be signed originals on official letterhead. Letters may be sent separately.
- Photocopies of your transcripts and your test score reports
- Send these materials directly to:
Graduate Program Director for PSM-EPM
FIU Department of Earth and Environment
11200 SW 8th Street AHC5 360
Miami, FL 33199 USA
Failure to send materials to either the Office of Admissions or the Graduate Program Director will slow the processing of your application and will reduce the probability of admittance to the program.
Information For International Students
In order to obtain a student (F-1 or J-1) visa to study in the United States, the student must, among other things, be able to demonstrate that they have financial support to cover their expenses for the 16 months (tuition, books and living expenses). This money may be obtained from the student’s own personal finances, a scholarship from the student’s own country, or a scholarship from an international agency. Detailed pre-arrival information for new students can be obtained from FIU’s International Student and Scholar Services.