2014 Earth Science Summer Workshop for Middle School Teachers
Earth Science Summer Workshop for Middle School Teachers
FIU MMC Campus, June 16-20, 2014, 9:30 AM- 4:30 PM
Application deadline: May 16th. Seats are limited
• A five-day workshop covering Earth Science topics selected from Miami Dade County Public Schools middle school curriculum and national Earth Science literacy principles.
• Includes field trips to the National Hurricane Center, Montgomery Botanical Center, and the CEMEX limestone quarry and/or other sites of geological interest.
• Demonstrations of commonly used Earth Science technology: Geographic Information Systems, Scanning Electron Microprobe, instruments for water flow and chemical analysis.
• Suitable for K-12 school teachers teaching middle school comprehensive science, Earth Science and Environmental Science, as well as other science teachers seeking Earth Science applications.
• Participation compensation of $750 per participant. Master Plan Points, pending approval.
• Please email a one-page statement, indicating what impact your participation at the workshop would have on your teaching program, a recommendation letter from your supervisor, and contact information to Dr. Dean Whitman, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (305) 348-3089