Explore unique agroecology internship opportunities to enhance your academic career!
- Lloyd Noble Scholars in Agriculture
Lloyd Noble Scholars in Agriculture program is a paid internship that offers the opportunity to work alongside agricultural professionals at one of the nation's foremost agricultural consultation and research organizations.
- High School Internship
The High School Internship is a six-week paid internship ($400 total) for eight high school students to gain hands-on experience on problems related to agri-science at FIU faculty labs or field sites in South Florida.
runs from June to July. Program
Our goals are to:
- Provide students with an opportunity for advanced and accelerated learning in agricultural sciences
- Increase understanding of the role of surrounding natural ecosystems including soils, water, and agro-biodiversity
- Provide students with research and learning opportunities at FIU, area research institutions, local farms, and government agencies
- Develop students’ professional presentation skills
To apply, please submit the following documents:
- A cover letter addressed to the Directors of the FIU Agroecology Program explaining the applicant’s strength of candidacy and interest in the internship
- A recommendation letter from a teacher
- A copy of the applicant’s unofficial High School transcripts
Application: Please submit all documents to Mr. Eric Betancourt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This opportunity is made possible by the USDA-NIFA-HIS Innovative Curriculum for Agriculture Training and Career for Hispanics Grant (2016-38422-25549)
- Pathways to Science
- HACU National Internship Program
The Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities National Internship Program is the largest recruiter of HACU Interns in the nation. This is a paid internship program for undergraduate and graduate students. In addition, the internship provides with
round triptransportation. Application deadline is:March 1st for the Summer Program.
- Kalu Yala
Kalu Yala is a sustainable community that will be built in the mountains about 45 minutes outside Panama City, Panama. Internships take place in 3 venues: creating the town's foundation in the Kalu Yala Valley; creating relationships in the neighboring town of San Miguel
; andworking on business logistics in Panama City. Since Summer 2010, Kalu Yala has had interns from 38 states, 12 countries and80 colleges.
Algenol is a global, industrial biotechnology company that is commercializing its patented algae technology platform for
productionof ethanol and green chemicals. Invitations to interview for Summer Internships are typically extended in the month of April of each year. If you think you can help us build out our commercial demonstration module, have a passion for engineering and are a student with recent relevant course work, please send a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- NASA Program
NASA internships and fellowships engage undergraduate and graduate students in science, engineering, mathematics
andtechnology, or STEM, research and interactive opportunities.
- DOE Scholars Program
The DOE Scholars Program offers 10-week summer internships of possible interest to students in the physical and environmental sciences who are U.S. citizens.
- Everglades National Park
- Umpqua National Forest
The Umpqua National Forest intends to fill 50 temporary positions at 6 different work locations (Roseburg, Glide, Tiller, Toketee, Cottage Grove, & Dorena). The attached document shows which jobs are open at the different duty stations. If you are interested in a particular job, contact the person listed with that position. The best way is to send a completed Statement of Interest/Outreach Response (found on pg. 6 of the attachment). Sending the Statement of Interest to the contact is the way that person can let potential applicants know when the vacancy announcement is posted on USAJOBS.
It is important to know that the application process has changed this year. Known hiring changes for 2014 Include:
- Open Continuous Rosters (OCR’S) are no longer available; instead, each position will have a separate announcement number
- Vacancy announcements will be open for short periods, between 5 to 15 days (in previous years they were open all year long)
- A vacancy announcement number must be posted on the USAJOBS website before you can apply for that specific job
- Applicants must check USAJOBS more frequently and be looking for specific places of work and job titles you are interested in
It is important
that resumes and profiles be updated in USAJOBS (www.usajobs.gov) before the period when the job is open as applicants will only have 5-14 days to apply. Since announcements will only be open for a very limited time, frequent checking of the USAJOBS site is encouraged. to
Please note the Agroecology Program is not promoting any one specific internship opportunity with any particular organization other than USDA related opportunities. We only seek to share relevant internships that students may find useful to their professional growth. Please communicate with individual opportunities for further information.