The requirements for this track are:
- The student must apply and be accepted into the program. To be accepted into the program, the student must:
- Arrange to be sponsored by a faculty advisor.
- Have completed all lower division courses required for the degree program.
- Have at least 14 hours of courses within the Earth Sciences/Geosciences curriculum with GPA of 3.5 or above; at least 6 hours at the 3000 level or above.
- Have an overall GPA of 3.5
ofhigher in 3000 and 4000 level classes.
- Complete a Geosciences Honors Track Application signed by their thesis advisor and the undergraduate program director.
- Application to the program should be completed before honor thesis research begins
. Upon graduation, have an overall GPA of 3.5 or higher in 3000- and 4000-level classes.
- Complete Honors Research: GLY 4989L (3 credits).
- Complete Honors Thesis: GLY 4970 (3 credits), including seminar presentation and deposition of the written thesis with the Department of Earth & Environment.
All requirements must be met by the time of certification for graduation (about 1 month before graduation).
The Thesis should be in the general format of a Masters Thesis, including a title page, signature page, abstract, text body, figures