For newly admitted students in the Fall 2019 and 2020 semesters, the Scholarships for a Future Generation of Geoscientists at Florida International University is funded by the National Science Foundation. The Program’s purpose is to increase the number of people trained in geoscience. Employment of geoscientists is expected to
Scholarship Activities that Support Success
- Earning up to full-time tuition (30 credits a year)
- Receiving guidance from a peer and a faculty mentor
- Working at internships and/or as student researchers
- Attending national scientific conferences
- Participating in a weeklong geoscience field excursion in the Appalachian Mountains in early May
Want to Join the Program?
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant Number 1834066. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.